Your form has been saved as a draft. If you need to stop working on this form and continue it later, you may find the form in the pending / drafts section under "My Forms"
Close Window
For security reasons, your session will end in two minutes. Please save your work to avoid timeout.

Veteran Certification Request_Copy

* = required field



Request for Certification and Statement of Understanding

Please answer all questions that pertain to your certification. Failure to provide information can cause your certification and your benefits to be delayed.

*  ex: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please read the following information concerning the Certification of your

VA Benefits

  • Course additions, course drops, withdrawals, or any changes in your chosen degree must be reported to the OTC Certifying Official (C.O.)
  • Failure to notify OTC's C.O. of changes in your schedule will result in a delay of benefit payment. Failure to do so may result in overpayment by the VA. The VA may hold you responsible for any overpayment of your educational benefits.
  • Veterans: do not enroll in HLT 101, this class cannot be certified.
  • The VA will not pay for TLC classes.
  • The VA will not pay for repeated courses if a passing grade has been received.
  • The VA will not pay for developmental courses (under 100 level) taken on-line. Developmental courses must be taken in a classroom. These classes include classes such as Math, English, and Reading 040 and 050.
  • Courses taken that do not apply to your degree program with OTC will not be certified for VA benefits. (It is your responsibility to run a degree audit to be sure that the courses you have selected apply to your degree program.)
  • You must be enrolled in a program of study approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs that leads to a college degree or certificate.
  • You must maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by the OTC catalog.
  • Veterans under Chapters 30, 1606 and 1607 must verify their attendance directly with the VA at the end of every month. To verify your enrollment call: 1-877-823-2378 or go to: Failure to verify with the VA WILL result in a delay of benefit payment.
  • If you have questions regarding your VA eligibility or payment amounts, please call: 1-888-442-4551 (toll free).
  • All OTC students are required to pay in full or enroll in MyPay MyWay before the payment deadline. Students are required to choose a payment option on MyPay if they are not paying in full.
  • By submitting this form you are requesting that your courses be certified with the Department of Veterans Affairs.

This form is required each semester after you register.